Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Don't Even Know

I got off work early today only to walk home in the rain and then pass out for a four hour nap with a sore throat and itchy ears. Yuck.

This picture was kind of an accident, but it totally sums up my day. Sexy, sexy head-cold-nap hair.


Also, I did this. I don't know if I'm going to add to it - I took the picture in Chicago with my mom and sister-in-law after touring ICO and so I thought maybe I should write about it, but I kind of like the simplicity of it just the way it is.


I received a bunch of vintage paper and pretty tape in the mail today, and was itching to try some of it out. My mom tells stories all the time about when I was pre-school age and the art projects I would come up with that were almost entirely tape. They would fill my stocking with rolls of tape every Christmas, and apparently that was just the best thing ever for me. I was too young to remember any of this, but when I saw the package from happytape at my door today, I knew every word of it is true. What can I say - I'm a freak for adhesive.

Now it's way past my bedtime and I'm not sleepy. Earlier I dreamt that I was getting married to my ex-boyfriend, and that just before I walked down the aisle, I told my mom I didn't want to do it... but did anyway, only to get to the other end and have somebody tell me I was pregnant. I don't know why it was such an issue, because she totally hated him, but it was vaguely reminiscent of my sophomore year of high school when I told this boy I would go to prom with him because I was too nice to say no, and then when I wanted to cancel she forced me to go. Anyway, I'm really glad I woke up when I did, what a nightmare. Sometimes I wish I could shut my dreams off.

No comments:

Post a Comment