Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Revenge of the Yarn and Other Stories

Now that I so seriously really need to be studying for my OAT (November, bitches) I am absolutely immersed in the Polka Dot Robot art journal class I'm taking. See? Here's a page from day five, sometimes i feel... (because sometimes I do feel like I have the world at my feet, and most of the time I don't know what to do about it).



Two weeks ago, I was at my mom's house gathering supplies of hers to use until I have a decent collection of my own, and she was giving me all sorts of paper scraps and stuff she wasn't going to use. She tried to hand me this thing of yarn. Not like a ball or skein? or whatever, just... a card, with a bunch of inches of yarn wrapped around it. It was shiny.

I took one look at the yarn and decided I didn't want it. I mean, I was already taking a TON of my mom's stuff (she hasn't scrapbooked in months, but still). Plus I had no idea what I would use it for (this was before I realized how cool stitching on pages actually is). Lucky for me, she tried to give me the yarn again (I guess she really didn't want it) so I took it. I remember taking it, deciding there had to be something I could do with it, and I distinctly remember being glad I had taken it.

The page I made for day six (dreams) has a spot that absolutely needs that yarn. It just HAPPENED that way. And what do you think I found when I looked for the yarn? Nothing. No yarn. No trace of the yarn. No hints as to where I must have stashed that thing. Nothing. My mom checked to see if I left it at her house. I looked through my supplies three times. I cleaned.

When I finally find that yarn, I am SO stiching it right up in my dreams page faster than you can say optometry school. You hear me yarn? It is ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment